As the weather gets colder have you thought about ways to replace or tweak your outdoor activity in order to stay focused on your goals? For some colder weather means more fun outdoors with skiing, sledding, ice skating, snow shoeing, or outdoor running. Others would rather curl up in front of the fire and layer on the baggy clothes.
Taking some time now to plan will set you up for success when the weather turns cold for good. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What amount of exercise do I get now? Am I happy with this level? How do I keep this level during the winter months? Should I do more exercise?
- How much of my exercise is currently done outside (walking, biking, hiking)?
- Do I have access to a treadmill, bike, elliptical, or other piece of cardio equipment that I could use? If not, would this be a good investment?
- Do I enjoy DVD’s that I can do right in my home by myself or with a friend?
- Do I have a gym membership that hasn’t been utilized much during the summer that I need to ramp back up?
- Are there more group exercise classes that I can sign-up for available?
- What outdoor activities do I want to partake in more this winter?
- What clothes or equipment will make exercising outdoors more enjoyable?