Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

Using Affirmations

 I have mentioned that motivation just like showering does not last and so we need it often. We need to take control and start our day off right. I am a true believer in affirmations, or statements that you say or write down to change a belief. Personally I have dealt with a lot of self doubt, guilt, and unrealistic expectations of myself. Saying affirmations in the morning has made a huge difference in my mental strength.

 Here are some ways to use affirmations:

  • write down affirmations on index cards and stick them all over the house where you will see them
  • sit with a journal and write out your affirmations 20-25 times regularly
  • repeat your affirmations to yourself at similar times throughout the day
Here are some affirmations to get your started. Read through the list and find around 5 or 6 that resonate with you. You might hear a voice telling you that what ever you just read was not true. This is a good indicator that the belief needs some work. Remember that our beliefs are connected with our thoughts, actions, and ultimately our behaviors.

  • I only make decisions that will aid in my overall health and wellbeing.
  • I am free from all personal comparisons that affect my sense of self-worth
  • I treat my body with love and kindness.
  • I deserve to take the time to nourish myself with healthy food.
  • My body is getting stronger, slimmer, and healthier every day.
  • I have nothing to fear, nothing to resist, nothing to fear, nothing to defend, and nothing to feel guilty about.
  • I am glad to be me. There is no one else in this whole world I would rather be.
  • I like myself now, but am loving the person I am becoming.
  • I value my own needs, feelings, and opinions.
  • I do the things I need to do when I need to do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment