I have mentioned that motivation just like showering does not last and so we need it often. We need to take control and start our day off right. I am a true believer in affirmations, or statements that you say or write down to change a belief. Personally I have dealt with a lot of self doubt, guilt, and unrealistic expectations of myself. Saying affirmations in the morning has made a huge difference in my mental strength.
Here are some ways to use affirmations:
- write down affirmations on index cards and stick them all over the house where you will see them
- sit with a journal and write out your affirmations 20-25 times regularly
- repeat your affirmations to yourself at similar times throughout the day
- I only make decisions that will aid in my overall health and wellbeing.
- I am free from all personal comparisons that affect my sense of self-worth
- I treat my body with love and kindness.
- I deserve to take the time to nourish myself with healthy food.
- My body is getting stronger, slimmer, and healthier every day.
- I have nothing to fear, nothing to resist, nothing to fear, nothing to defend, and nothing to feel guilty about.
- I am glad to be me. There is no one else in this whole world I would rather be.
- I like myself now, but am loving the person I am becoming.
- I value my own needs, feelings, and opinions.
- I do the things I need to do when I need to do them.