Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Excuses for a Closed Mind



During my yoga classes we focus on being open with our mind, body, and spirit in many of the poses. Camel in particular is a pose that helps individuals personally break down barriers and step outside their comfort zone. It took working with this pose as well as others diligently to help break down some of my own barriers in order to find that openness.

What areas of your life would you like to be more open to? This openness could be in relationships, personal growth, activities, possibilities, opportunities that arise, etc.

What prevents you from moving forward and being the best you? There are many excuses that we use for the closed mind. A few are listed below. As you read through the list do you think or say these often? We are our biggest barrier and so it is getting outside of your head in order to change.

I’ve always done it this way
It is too much trouble to change
I tried that before
I don’t like that idea
That will never work
That costs too much
That is a crazy Idea
That is too much work
That is impossible
My friends, family, coworkers would never believe it
That is so different from how I was raised
That is not me
I could never succeed

 Enjoy the journey of discovery.

Ineffective people live day after day with unused potential. They experience synergy only in small, peripheral ways in their lives. But creative experiences can be produced regularly, consistently, almost daily in people's lives. It requires enormous personal security and openness and a spirit of adventure.”           Stephen R Covey

No comments:

Post a Comment